Adam Deacock is a commercial litigator specialising in insolvency, company, fraud, banking and real estate disputes. He regularly deals with freezing injunctions and other urgent applications. He is recommended by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a leading insolvency barrister. Clients appreciate that he understands the business issues as well as the legal aspects. They value his “firm, robust advice” and his “uncanny ability to assimilate information quicker than most”. He is also noted for being “a master of detail and a meticulous advocate” and for being “very diligent and fantastic when dealing with all of his many clients”. He regularly gives seminars for solicitors and insolvency practitioners and writes articles in specialist journals.
Experience and Expertise
Adam has been recommended by Legal 500 and Chambers UK as a leading insolvency barrister for a number of years and has extensive experience in all aspects of corporate insolvency and associated recovery.
Adam advises and represents financial institutions in all areas especially securities, fraud and asset recovery. He is particularly experienced in both drafting and enforcing security documentation and advising in relation to restructuring. He regularly advises factoring companies and asset-based lenders in relation to security, insolvency and fraud issues including fresh air invoicing, and inflation of work in progress.
Adam has been recommended by Chambers UK and Legal 500 as a leading insolvency barrister for a number of years. [Adam Deacock] specialises in acting in corporate insolvency situations, and is valued by his clients for his sound judgment and perspicacity. Expertise:
- "He provides good technical advice and is very effective in court." "He is very commercial and technically very competent." (Restructuring/ Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2019)
- “He has an eye for detail and deals well with technical matters.” (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2019)
- "Highly recommended." (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2017)
- “Adam is great with complex litigation and has a very commercial approach.” (Restructuring/ Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2017)
- "Excellent technically and very client friendly." (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2016)
- “He gives firm, robust advice, and picks up issues very quickly.” “His attention to detail is second to none, and he has an impressive ability to grasp issues immediately.” (Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2015)
- “A highly competent and extremely technical advocate.” (Insolvency, Legal 500, 2014)
- Has a broad insolvency practice with key strengths in fraud actions and cases concerning defective administration appointments. Recent work: acted for the claimant in a case that involved issues relating to piercing the corporate veil in order to recover assets so as to satisfy judgment against the director of the claimant company. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2014)
- Noted for his “uncanny ability to assimilate information quicker than most..." (Insolvency, Legal 500, 2013)
- Adam Deacock “is a master of detail and a meticulous advocate,” according to an instructing solicitor. He maintains an active chancery practice, and regularly appears in the higher courts. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2013)
- “Very diligent and fantastic when dealing with all of his many clients.” He excels at winning the Bench’s trust and is a barrister “you would prefer to have on your side.” (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2012)
Read Adam’s Privacy Notice, Data Protection Policy and Disposal Policy.