Profile: Banking and Financial Services
Adam has built up extensive experience in dealing with real estate litigation and specialises in the crossover of property, insolvency and/or fraud matters where his knowledge of contracts for sale of land, landlord and tenant (including rent review and leasehold enfranchisement), mortgages, restrictive covenants, easements, boundary disputes is invaluable.
Cases and Work of Note
- Ideal Waste Paper Company Limited: representing landlord of an insolvent commercial waste plant which required immediate possession on safety grounds.
- Highbury Pension Fund Management Co and another v Zirfin Investments Ltd and others  3 All ER 327: see civil fraud section above. This case involved interesting and novel point about marshalling of securities and subrogation involving high value properties in Brompton Square.
- Acting in a dispute over the payment of Estate Agents fees for the sale of a £25m property subject to a freezing order.
- Advising a bank as to the powers of trading in their standard commercial mortgage terms.
- Alternative Investment Solutions v Crossick: defended fraud claim against directors of Argentinean company involving allegations about misrepresentation of planning status of property in Argentina. Aside from hard fought and complex claim dealt with difficult issues conceding the freezing injunction and ordinary course of business dealings involving substantial due diligence payments for proposed $130m investment.
- Tamsin Barks And (1) Instant Access Properties Limited (In Liquidation) (2) Inside Track Seminars Limited (In Liquidation): claim involving allegation of fraudulent mis-selling of property by companies organising investment seminars and property investment clubs, including question of which of two companies the alleged fraudsters may have been acting for.