| Call 1998
Profile: Commercial Disputes
Experience and Expertise:
Anthony is regularly instructed in high value and/or high profile commercial disputes. In relation to many of those instructions, he was instructed as sole counsel responsible for strategy as well as managing those involved in the litigation at both client and underlying client levels. He has also been led by silks.
Cases and Work of Note:
- RAM Media Ltd (In administration) v The Ministry of Culture of the Hellenic Republic (Secretariat General of Sport)  EWHC 1835 (QB) & on Appeal No A2/2008/2177 – breach of contract for the rights to host the World FIFPRO awards; value EUR 2.5M; succeeded on appeal to the CA. Judgment enforced against sovereign debt by Order 72 proceedings.
- Friends First Managed Pension Fund Ltd v John McCann 2009 No. 1000849 (NI) – Ex turpi causa; secured loan/Life Assurance/prudential insurance regulation; value £8M.
- Carillion Plc v The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council [HQ07X01765] (QB) (2007-2010) – Breach of implied contract, value: £40M; settled.
- The Registered Nursing Home Association v North Somerset Council in Arbitration [C.1-10,12-14:129090031] (2010-2011) – breach of contract (price evaluation provisions); value £13M; settled during arbitration.
- Manmohan Chander Varma v Lakshmi Niwas Mittal 2011 Folio 1203 (Comm Court)(2010-2012) – Quantum Meruit.
- Malmo Aviation v BAE Systems & Trident Jet (Dublin) Ltd (2012) – construction of an aircraft operating lease in relation to MTOW and MLW; value £3.5M.
- Amey LG Ltd v Herefordshire District Council in 4 adjudications (2014-2016) – breach of infrastructure contract and failure to implement an adjudicator’s award; value £40M.
- Amey LG Ltd v Cumbria County Council  EWHC 2856 (TCC) – breach of fixed term infrastructure contract; value £50M.
- Mark William Adams & Ors v Clydesdale Bank Plc t/a Yorkshire Bank. Claim No. LM-2016-080 (2016 to date) – breach of Trust; value £1.09M.