| Call 1998
| Solicitor 1988
Experience and Expertise
Much of Clive’s real property work includes elements or aspects of planning law. For example, commercial landlord and tenant cases involving the proposed demolition and redevelopment of the demised premises (s. 30(1)(f)). Cases involving easements, restrictive covenants, options, conditional contracts, joint venture agreements, and land registration, frequently involve aspects of planning law, practice and procedure.
Recent examples of Clive’s non-litigious work include:
- Advising and drafting an Overage Agreement for sale of development land in Colchester.
- Advising purchaser of land in Essex which had been registered as an Asset of Community Value.
- Advising purchaser at auction of development land in Brent – status of planning permission and easements.
- Advising owner of a listed building in Barnet concerning nuisance/breach of statutory duty arising from water penetration.
- Advising landowner of commercial property portfolio in Surrey – leases or licences.
- Advising developer of land in Hertfordshire concerning terms of special conditions – conditional contract subject to planning permission.
- Advising tenant of business premises in Stratford – compensation entitlement arising from Olympic CPO.
- Advising tenant of commercial premises in Kingsbury concerning new lease terms and compensation provisions.
- Advising landlord concerning rights to refuse assignment sub-letting of commercial property premises in Bishop’s Stortford.
- Advising purchaser of a pub in Brent – licensing and commercial landlord & tenant dispute.
- Advising purchaser of land in south London at auction – inability to complete.
- Advising in relation to dispute over property portfolio in Surrey forming the residuary estate of deceased.
- Advising developer concerning s. 106 planning obligation and community infrastructure payment liability.
Drafting s. 106 unilateral planning obligation concerning appeal from refusal of planning permission to develop land in Essex.
- Acting for vendors of a listed building in Hampshire in a claim against them for misrepresentation arising from the sale of it and possible listed building enforcement and/or prosecution.
- Advising landowner in Buckinghamshire concerning “Blight” arising from HS2.
- Advising developer concerning office to residential permitted development rights in the City of Westminster.
Recent other litigated cases include:
- Olivewood Ltd. v. Barnet LBC (2015) Pt II 1954 Act commercial landlord & tenant claim concerning a builders’ merchants site in Colindale (instructed by Gandecha & Pau).