David di Mambro
| Call 1973
Experience and Expertise
David di Mambro’s property practice includes landlord and tenant, mortgages, easements, restrictive covenants, contracts for the sale of land, party wall disputes and associated professional negligence.
He has particular expertise and experience in interpretation of leases.
He is a member of the Presidential Panel of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in relation to propery disputes.
The Legal 500: Property section:
‘Sought after for his expertise in the area of lease interpretation.’
“He has a great eye for a practical solution and for designing litigation to meet that end.”
“David di Mambro is a gifted orator.”
“Sound judgment and good value for money.”
“Radcliffe Chambers is a customer-friendly set of chambers…David di Mambro is able to get to the root of the problem and is a useful mediator and a senior editor of the Green Book.”
Cases and Work of Note
- Elgin Wright v Building Heritage (2012) appeal from Bahamas to Privy Council: fresh evidence on appeal concerning title to land
- H v A (2011) (Antigua) Advice in relation to construction of agreement for lease for 330 room hotel and arbitration proceedings.
- Edscer v Fordham : equitable easement, proprietary estoppel and overriding interest; successfully opposed appeal from Chief Land registrar to The Chancellor.
- Hinde House v Starclass  (Central London) notice provisions under LTA 1987 where complex sale of interests; discretion under s 19(1) and (3).
- Clinton Cards (Essex) Ltd v Sun Alliance and London Assurance Co Ltd  29 EGCS 150;  37 EG 154 scope of landlord’s duty under Landlord and Tenant Act 1988. In this case the Judge commented on counsel’s penetrating cross examination.