| Call 1995
Profile: Professional Liability
Experience and Expertise
Dov has a substantial professional negligence practice and is recognised as a leading junior in this area by The Legal 500 which says that he always ‘offers sound cost effective advice’”.
Examples of Dov’s recent professional negligence work include the following:
- Instructed on behalf of high street banks and secondary lenders in ongoing claims for professional negligence against solicitors in relation to loans and mortgages.
- Instructed in an ongoing claim against a bank for negligent advice relating to foreign currency loans.
- Instructed in various ongoing claims against financial advisors for misselling and negligent advice concerning swaps and other derivative products.
- Instructed by defendant solicitors in relation to an ongoing claim by their former clients concerning an alleged failure to advise on the terms of guarantee and charge.
- Acting for private lenders in a claim against solicitors who dealt with the registration of a property charge.
- Having represented in High Court proceedings and at a mediation a property developer who breached a lock out agreement.
- Dov was also instructed in the professional negligence proceedings against the conveyancing solicitors who advised in relation to the agreement.
- Representing a property purchaser in proceedings and at mediation in a claim against negligent conveyancing solicitors who had given.
- Inadequate advice about restrictive covenants.
- Instructed by a property developer on a claim against negligent conveyancing solicitors concerning rights of way and boundaries.
- Instructed on a claim against negligent advisers to a Cayman Islands trusts.
- Defending a negligence claim by a property owner against estate agents.
- Acting and advising in a claim against solicitors concerning a business sale.
- Defending a claim brought against an engineering company.
- Instructed to appear at the trial of a claim against Directors who are accused of negligence/ misfeasance/ transactions at an undervalue.
- Instructed to defend a negligence/ Insolvency Act claim brought against solicitors by a trustee in bankruptcy of their former client.
- Instructed for the claimant on a claim against an architect for negligent supervision of a builder.
- Instructed for the claimant on a claim concerning the negligent development of bespoke computer software.