Edward was called to the Bar in 2004 and joined Radcliffe Chambers in 2009. He specialises in chancery and commercial litigation. He is described in Chambers UK as having “exceptional” attention to detail, as giving “superb opinions and advice in conference” and as having “a very commercial mind”.
Experience and Expertise
Edward was a scholar at Magdalene College, Cambridge between 1999 and 2002, taking a triple first class MA in Law. He then studied at Oriel College, Oxford, for the BCL between 2002 and 2003 which he passed with distinction. During his Bar Vocational Course in 2003-4 he supervised Land Law at Magdalene and Wolfson Colleges, Cambridge. He was called to the Bar in November 2004 by the Middle Temple. He joined Radcliffe Chambers in 2009. He now specialises in private client, property and commercial litigation and he regularly appears in multi-track trials and has wide experience of mediations. He also undertakes a wide range of non-contentious chancery work.
Cases and Work of Note
- Gibbs v Pick  EWHC 1117 (Ch)
- Morshead Mansions v Di Marco  1 WLR 1799
- Catling v Catling  W.T.L.R. 955
- Re Huntley  W.T.L.R. 745
- Re Devillebichot  W.T.L.R. 1701
- Log Book Loans Ltd & Nine Regions Ltd v Office of Fair Trading (CCA/2009/0010 and CCA/2009/0011);
Edward is ranked as an “up and coming" junior by the 2013 edition of Chambers UK, being described as “very thorough in his research” and as having “great commercial awareness”.
- "His attention to detail is exceptional, he leaves no stone unturned." (Real Estate Litigation: Chambers UK 2018)
- "Has detailed legal knowledge and can deal with the most complex of matters. He give superb opinions and advice in conference and has a very commercial mind." (Chancery: Traditional, Chambers UK 2018)
- "Diligent, conscientious, experienced and a very impressive advocate, who always goes the extra mile." (Property Litigation, The Legal 500, 2017)
- “Easy to work with and good with clients.” (Real Estate Litigation, Chambers UK, 2017)
- “Ed is great. He is very knowledgeable and I completely trust that what he’s saying is true. He is clear and articulate in court, and professional but lovely with it.” (Real Estate Litigation, Chambers UK, 2017)
- "Commercial, decisive and thorough, with a wonderful degree of empathy." (Property litigation, The Legal 500, 2016)
- The Legal 500 recommends him as "a very promising junior", praising both his non-contentious drafting and advocacy skills.
Recent seminars and papers include:
- ChBA Conference Landlord and Tenant Workshop (2017)
- “Strategic planning, commerciality and costs benefit analysis in litigation” (2017)
- “Damages in Property Litigation” (2017)
- “Heir Hunters and Kin Inquiries” (2015)
- “Lessons from Morshead Mansions v Di Marco” (2015)
- “Bankruptcy and Trusts of Land” (2015)
- “Undue Invludence: Equity and Probate Compared” (2015)
- “Probate Fraud” (2015)
- A will Writer’s Work of Fiction TEL&TJ 2014, 162 (Dec) 24-28
- The Perils of Assisting with a Will TEL&TJ 2014 156 (May) 9-12
- “Economic Duress” (2014)
- “Damages in Property Litigation” (2014)
MA Cantab (triple 1st Class) BCL Oxon (distinction)
On a Personal Note
Edward is married to Becca, a paediatrician. They have three young children, Harry (born 2011), Imogen (born 2014) and Rufus (born 2016), They live in Wimbledon.
Chancery Bar Association
Property Bar Association
Vat Registration Number: 876861761 Bar Membership Number: 47814
For More Information
Please click on the links to the left or contact a member of the clerking team.