| Call 2000
Profile: Banking and Financial Services
Gary banking practice covers a range of technical, trading and commercial banking disputes, including claims under the FSMA regime. He acts for and against banks in the full range of disputes and is experienced in working with in-house legal teams. He is also experienced in claims involving brokers and financial advisers, involving shares, currency trading, commodities and complex derivatives. He has a highly developed understanding of the practical and evidential issues raised by claims in this area.
Cases and Work of Note
- Acting for Claimant high net worth individuals in respect of a claim against brokers for advice as to investments into AIM listed shares
- Acted for a high profile Claimant against a major brokerage in a claim for breach of contract and negligence concerning provision of services in the FX markets .
- Acted on behalf of a wealthy but inexperienced investor against an FSA regulated financial services provider in negligence and under the FSA Handbook for losses in the CFD market arising out of the financial crisis
- Acted for a major high street lender in a complex Chancery Division case involving 11 parties and centred on unresolved points of statutory construction of the rectification provisions of the Land Registration Act 2002.
- Acted for a major high street lender in a claim against solicitors arising out of a failed property development venture worth £29M
- Acted for a Defendant firm of FSA registered financial advisors in a claim brought against them in respect of the actions and advice of a rogue employee, involving difficult vicarious liability issues
- Acted for a major high street lender in a complex case involving unresolved points of law arising out of whether an order made in the First Tier Tribunal was made without jurisdiction, standing in those proceedings and whether forfeiture proceedings can be brought on such an order