| Call 2000
Gary has a growing practice in the area of company and insolvency law. His practice includes shareholders’ disputes, directors’ duties disputes, claims in bankruptcies, liquidations, administrations, disputed winding ups and related claims. He is particularly sought after to deal with multi-disciplinary insolvency disputes which include elements of property or professional negligence law.
Cases and Work of Note
- Acting for high net worth individual and sole creditor of company in claim brought by liquidators against him for declaratory relief arising out of connected litigation brought by him against the liquidators in Delaware.
- Acting for administrators of an oil exploration company in respect of the enforceability of certain securities and loans worth >£3M in a case involving the interplay of the Dutch law of contract and the English law of insolvency.
- Acting for the assignee of a directors’ loan in a property development company involving contested claims to the proceeds of a property sale between the assignee and trustees in bankruptcy of two separate bankrupts.
- Acted for a respondent Bank in respect of a complex application to set aside a statutory demand based on guarantees of over £3M, involving consideration of the law of agency and responsibility for acts and defaults of receivers.
- Acted for a major creditor in a challenge to a settlement entered into by administrators of underlying professional negligence litigation and the costs and expenses of the administrators.
- Acted for the respondents to a S994 petition in a successful strike-out application in the light of an expert determination clause in a shareholders’ agreement.