Profile: Planning and Local Government
Experience and Expertise
Kate has significant experience of local government and planning work, having been a member of the Attorney General’s B and C Panels from 1999 to 2008 when she was regularly instructed by the Highways Agency and the Department for Transport on planning and compulsory purchase matters. She has also represented the Highways Agency in three major public road inquiries.
Cases and Work of Note
- Taff-v-Highways Agency JPL 2010, 2, 264-8, Lands Tribunal (Compensation for compulsory purchase; waste management licences)
- A46 Public Inquiry 2007 (Six-week public road inquiry representing the Highways Agency)
- A550/A5117 Deeside Park Junctions Public Inquiries 2005 (Two-week public road inquiry representing Highways Agency)
- Sevenoaks District Council-v-First Secretary of State & Anr  14 EG 141 (CS) (Construing planning conditions; what may be reasonably implied into planning conditions)
- A428 Caxton Common to Hardwick Public Inquiry 2003 ( One-week public road inquiry representing the Highways Agency)
For Kate’s extensive directory entries and recommendations, please click on Overview Profile.