| Call 2001
Experience and Expertise
Marcus Flavin often undertakes work offshore, particularly in relation to trusts.
Earlier in his career he spent 8 months on secondment to the trusts department of the Jersey firm of Bailhache Labesse where he drafted trust instruments and advised on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious work.
Cases and Work of Note
- Representation of G Trustees Ltd & In the matter of the H and J Trusts  JRC162A – instructed to assist Jersey advocates for the Trustee in a hotly contested Public Trustee v Cooper application
- Advising trustees of a Jersey trust on litigation disclosure and other issues arising out of longrunning matrimonial litigation in Poland, France, and Canada (Perczynski v Perczynski);
- advising BVI trustees of a settlement holding land in England and shares in an insolvent English company on claims attacking the trust made by creditors of the bankrupt principal beneficiary and the insolvent company;
- advising trustees of a Jersey trust holding substantial assets on a freezing order made in proceeds of crime proceedings in Belgium that was impeding major commercial decisions;
- assisting Michael Heywood in advising the plaintiff in Re Teighmore (the “Shard of Glass” litigation) in Jersey;
- assisting the Jersey Law Commission in preparing their report on the Jersey Law of Partnership.
- “Instructed by leading firms in the Crown Dependencies.” (Offshore: The Legal 500, 2018)
- “His experience working in Jersey gives him an edge.” (Offshore, The Legal 500, 2017)