Experience and Expertise
Mark appears regularly in the Companies Court in company matters. He has particular expertise in directors’ disqualification work, and insolvency matters involving unpaid taxes, public interest winding up petitions.
Cases and Work of Note
- Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills v Marley  EWHC 236 (Ch) (High Court case regarding the impact of professional advice on the assessment of the fitness of a director in disqualification proceedings relating to an insolvent company).
- PDHL Ltd v Financial Conduct Authority (2017) BPIR 1623 (Role of a book sale by the company in an application to suspend the ceasing of an interim permission. Led by Javan Herberg QC.)
- Advising a major banking group on aspects of the legislation ring fencing retail and investment banking.
- Advising and representing HM Revenue and Customs in relation to various insolvency issues arising from the decision of the High Court in Abbey Forwarding Ltd v Hone  EWHC 2029 (Ch).
- Mark regularly represents the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Official Receiver in directors’ disqualification claims.
- He also regularly represents the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills in public interest winding up petitions.