| Call 2016
Matthew regularly appears in the High Court and County Court on bankruptcy petitions, winding-up petitions and other company matters. He acts for both debtors and petitioners. Matthew also has experience of director disqualification and validation orders, and has provided certificates of law for insolvency matters in foreign courts. During pupillage, Matthew:
- Shadowed counsel in Ingram (Liquidator of MSD Cash & Carry Plc) v Singh  EWHC 1325 (Ch), a case concerning de facto directors and preferences;
- Assisted with Re D’Eye (A Bankrupt)  BPIR 411, a case concerning third party costs orders in the insolvency context;
- Assisted with resisting an application to seize £1.5 million of gold bars that a bankrupt had tried to move offshore;
- Assisted with advice on the transfer of shares held on trust; and
- Assisted with conflict of laws advice relating to the migration of an offshore company between offshore jurisdictions.