| Call 2002
Experience and Expertise
Oliver has extensive experience of real property matters, including:
- Constructive/resulting trusts and proprietary estoppel claims;
- Boundary disputes;
- Adverse possession;
- Easements and rights of way;
- Restrictive covenants;
- Nuisance and trespass;
- Complex and technical contract and conveyancing issues;
- Options and rights of pre-emption;
- Charges and mortgages, including setting aside transactions on the grounds of fraud, misrepresentation and undue influence; and
- Land registration issues, including restrictions and notices.
Cases and Work of Note
- Boulton & Ors v Condliffe [2015 –]. High Court. Acted for numerous claimants in a complex piece of litigation concerning the beneficial interest in domestic and commercial properties in Cornwall;
- Re M Deceased (2015). Advised in relation to the the devolution of the benefit and burden of a right of pre-emption to purchase a cottage with development potential;
- Re C (2014). Advised in relation to adverse possession and easements over a ransom strip attached to a development of land;
- Prill v Perilly (2012). Acted for Claimant in relation to claims for trespass and nuisance caused by flooding resulting from the landscaping of neighbouring property, as well as the movement of a boundary fence.
- Haq v Island Homes  EWCA Civ 805;  2 P&CR 17. Acted for the claimant in a successful claim, where, following a 4-day trial, the Court granted a long lease of a supermarket on the Isle of Dogs on the basis of a commercial context proprietary estoppel.