Robert Pearce QC
| Silk 2006
| Call 1977
Experience and Expertise
Robert Pearce QC undertakes work for both home and overseas clients. He has experience of advising on civil law issues arising in other common law jurisdictions, and of drafting trust instruments for use in other common law jurisdictions. He advises on private international law issues. He has provided expert evidence of English law in proceedings in other jurisdictions.
Reported Cases of Note
Re Barton deceased (High Court,  WTLR 469). Variation of Will trust; choice of applicable law; Recognition of Trusts Act 1987.
Robert Pearce QC is recommended as a leading silk in the Private Client, Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate section of the current edition of The Legal 500, and in the Traditional Chancery section of the current edition of Chambers UK.
Recent directory comments include:
- “He’s very clear, confident and articulate. He is able to break instructions down into various segments and make them much more understandable.” (Chancery: Traditional, Chambers UK, 2017)
- “He is polite and courteous with both clients and the other side.” (Chancery: Traditional UK, Chambers HNW, 2016)”He is very approachable, very clear in explaining the issues and good at drafting.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2015)
- “A real eye for detail” (Private Client, Trusts and Probate, Legal 500, 2014)
- “Handles a range of contentious and non-contentious chancery matters. Trust disputes and related tax matters are areas of particular expertise. ‘He is hugely knowledgeable and very accommodating. Flexible and prepared to accommodate client needs, he makes himself available no matter when required, and is able to provide the client with a clear vision of where he thinks a case is heading’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2014)
- “Robert Pearce QC is widely regarded as ‘a very academic and incredibly clever chap.’ “(Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2013}
- “Robert Pearce QC stands out for his ‘supremely sound judgement and authority.’ He thrives on cases peppered with difficult technical aspects to them, especially those containing contentious trusts and wills. Solicitors favour him as he ‘creates all-angles summaries of cases of a quality that is hard to beat’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2012}
- :“… Robert Pearce QC is extolled for his work across a wide swathe of traditional chancery. All manner of private client issues are handled by this ‘artful and sophisticated practitioner,’ who proves particularly good on trust and tax of trusts matters.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2011)
- :“Robert Pearce QC is similarly highly regarded, and maintains an equally wide practice that takes in a wealth of contentious and non-contentious private client work. Sources highly recommend him for his specific expertise in complex trust and trust tax issues. He is known for the fact that ‘he hits the nail on the head with his advice time after time’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2010}
- “Robert Pearce QC ‘has a first-class intellect and is thoughtful and conscientious’.” (Private Client, Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate, Legal 500, 2009}
- “Robert Pearce QC ‘has a superb reputation’ across a variety of chancery areas, with commentators singling out, in particular, his ‘wonderful attention to detail’.” (Traditional Chancery, Chambers UK, 2008)
Contributing editor of the titles Family Provision, and Trusts and Administration of Estates in Butterworth’s Civil Court Practice.