Robert Pearce QC
| Silk 2006
| Call 1977
Profile: Professional Liability
Experience and Expertise
Robert Pearce QC has extensive experience of acting for both claimants and defendants in claims for professional negligence, particularly against surveyors, valuers, financial advisors, solicitors and barristers.
Cases and Work of Note
Many claims with which he is involved are resolved by negotiation or mediation. Examples of such cases in which he has been recently instructed are:
- A claim by a client against professional advisers in respect of incorrect taxation advice.
- A claim by a client against solicitors in respect of defective conveyancing.
- A claim by an investor against a financial adviser arising out of an investment in a film partnership;
- A claim against solicitors arising out of an application for an extended lease under the leasehold enfranchisement legislation;
- Claims by lenders against valuers arising out of valuations for lending;
- A dispute between an insurer and an insured as to the scope of cover;
- Tabarrok v E D C Lord & Co (County Court and Court of Appeal,  PNLR 491). Accrual of cause of action on claim for professional negligence; whether claim statute-barred.
Robert Pearce QC is recommended as a leading silk in the Professional Negligence section of the current edition of The Legal 500.