| Call 1977
Profile: Wills and Estates
Experience and Expertise
Stephen has long experience in dealing with all matters within this field. One of his original pupil masters (later Parker LJ) undertook a great deal of work in this area, so that Stephen was exposed to a variety of such work from that time. His practice has accordingly always included a steady stream of work in this area from his early years at the Bar.
Matters in respect of which he has acted and advised in more recent years include the following:
- extent of property subject to mutual wills;
- several contested probate cases relating to validity of execution, testamentary capacity, want of knowledge and approval, and undue influence;
- disputes as to correct constructions of wills, particularly relating to identity of beneficiaries and contingency arrangements;
- complex case involving duties of executors in relation to ongoing business and litigation;
- several claims from various classes of claimants under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.