| Call 2003
Profile: Commercial Disputes
Experience and Expertise
The core of Steven’s practice remains advising and appearing in commercial litigation. This includes tactical interim applications or the use of a freezing order or other injunctions. He advises on matters which are outside the jurisdiction whether mirror proceedings, service or contesting jurisdiction .
Steven is instructed in the Chancery Division; either in the Rolls Building or in the district registries and appears alone as well as with a leader.
Cases and Work of Note
Examples of cases include:
- Mason v Walton-on-Thames  EWCA Civ 1098 – Appearing in the Court of Appeal (unled) to contest interpretation of contractual clauses and on the admissibility of pre-contractual negotiations.
- Bringing an application to contest jurisdiction.
- Acting on behalf of a company in an agency dispute covering multiple supply agreements, interpretation of contract and implied terms.
- Acting for a company engaged in simultaneous proceedings in an employment tribunal, recovering wrongly retained property and commercially sensitive data from a disgruntled employee.
- Defending a company for alleged breach of contract involving a national performance tour of popular artists.