| Call 2005
Profile: Wills and Estates
Experience and Expertise
Wendy has experience of non-contentious probate including caveats, citations, applications and summonses and is happy to advise in these areas in addition to appearing in the Principal Registry.
Wendy accepts instructions in contentious probate matters relating to the validity of wills and has particular experience of claims involving will forgery in addition to the more commonly encountered issues of want of knowledge and approval, lack of testamentary capacity and undue influence.
Wendy also has extensive experience of proceedings under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
Cases and Work of Note
- Re DT Deceased, a will forgery case currently listed for a 5 day trial in the Chancery Division;
- Re VA Deceased, a 1975 Act claim by a grandson who was alleged to have been treated as a child of the family and was alleged to have been maintained. Wendy acted for the executors and the beneficiaries in this case which involved a modest estate;
- advising executors as to whether a deed of settlement relating to agricultural land constituted a gift with
- reservation for the purposes of the Inheritance Tax legislation;
- advising an adult child as to the prospects of bringing a 1975 Act claim;
- acting for a creditor in its application for a grant of letters of administration with will annexed.