We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to diversity amongst our staff. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, including those that are typically underrepresented in the legal sector. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for any position.
Job title: Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Department: Business Development and Marketing
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Location: Lincoln’s Inn, London
Position type: Full-time, permanent
Hours of work: 09:00 – 17:00 (with overtime as required by events and work schedule)
Radcliffe Chambers is looking to recruit a motivated Business Development and Marketing Coordinator to join its busy and ambitious Business Development and Marketing Team.
The position provides excellent opportunities to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of marketing and business development (with a focus on events and communications) and is suitable for somebody who would like to take on responsibility at an early stage of their career and gain significant exposure to internal and external stakeholders.
Radcliffe Chambers is a leading barristers’ set, with expertise in banking and financial services, charities, commercial, international arbitration, pensions, property, restructuring and insolvency, private client and tax law. Our members work with a broad range of clients throughout the UK and, increasingly, in international jurisdictions.
It is an exciting time to join us. We have grown significantly in recent years, in terms of both size and revenue, and have won numerous awards, including Chancery Silk of the Year at the Chambers UK Bar Awards 2018, Chambers of the Year at the 2016/17 STEP Private Client Awards and Chambers of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2016. Many of our members are ranked as leaders in their field by the most prominent legal directories.
We are committed to putting our clients at the heart of what we do, and to building a committed, inclusive and collaborative workplace that enables us to deliver the best possible service and expertise, every time.
Our Business Development and Marketing Team, working closely with our CEO and clerks, plays an essential role in championing this approach. We invest in training and development for all of our staff.
The successful candidate will be a new or recent graduate, or a non-graduate with relevant experience, who wants to make a real contribution to the success of Radcliffe Chambers’ business development and marketing strategy, working as part of an energetic three-person team.
- Commitment to delivering a first-class experience to clients at every point of contact, whether they are attending events, browsing our website or social media, or participating in our in-house seminar programme
- Strong organisational, time management and administrative skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a broad range of stakeholders, in writing, on the telephone and in person
- Commitment to working as a team and encouraging collaboration across Radcliffe Chambers, combined with ability to work independently and take ownership of areas of responsibility
- Interest in the legal services market and in learning about Radcliffe Chambers’ expertise and client base
- Degree or other qualification in a relevant subject and/or experience in a similar role
- Previous experience organising large scale, high quality events
- Previous experience drafting corporate communications such as invitations, capability statements or press releases
- Previous experience working with websites and social media
- Experience producing marketing materials in Microsoft Word and/or PowerPoint, or interest in developing design/formatting skills (training provided)
- Knowledge of the legal profession or previous experience working in the legal sector.
Role and responsibilities
This role reports to the Business Development Manager. Its principle responsibilities are:
- Organising high-quality conferences and events, including sourcing venues and generating new event concepts
- Organising business development trips to UK and overseas cities, often involving a mix of external conferences, client meetings and Radcliffe Chambers events
- Working with Radcliffe Chambers staff and members to encourage engagement with the event planning process and ensure that all colleagues are equipped with the information they need to achieve the greatest possible return on investment
- Preparing professional, polished event materials, from invitations and badges to delegate packs and follow up correspondence
- Playing a leading role in supervising events, and liaising with venues and Radcliffe Chambers members and staff to ensure that we deliver a first-class experience to all guests
- Working with the Business Development Manager to manage event marketing lists
Business Development and Marketing
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in placing in-house seminars with client firms, including maintaining a list of relevant and available seminar topics and taking a lead on diary management
- Implementing the Radcliffe Chambers legal directories and awards submission strategy, including process management, competitor analysis use of quotes and rankings in marketing materials
- Updating Radcliffe Chambers’ website and social media pages, and working with members to improve their online presence and drive internal engagement with digital marketing
- Formatting presentations, articles and other marketing collateral to ensure that they are consistent with Radcliffe Chambers’ visual identity
- Assisting with the preparation and distribution of market intelligence and other reports to support the development of Radcliffe Chambers’ client and practice area strategies, and demonstrate an evidence-driven approach to business development
- Acting as a brand ambassador within Radcliffe Chambers and providing input and administrative support to its ongoing rebrand project
- Assisting with the administration Radcliffe Chambers’ client database
- Other relevant tasks as the role requires
- Assisting Radcliffe Chambers’ CEO in meeting organisation.
How to apply