| Call 1984
Tina Kyriakides is a leading junior and specialises in insolvency, company, commercial (including commercial fraud) and banking work.
Experience and Expertise
Tina has a strong practice in general commercial and chancery litigation and advisory work which covers company law, corporate and personal insolvency, contract, commercial fraud, lending and other finance transactions, mortgages, guarantees and other securities. Being an extremely effective advocate with an unrivalled eye for detail, she has been recommended in the major directories as a leading junior for company law, insolvency law and commercial litigation for many years.
She is consultant editor of Corporate Recovery & Insolvency, published by Butterworths and authored various Lexis PSL practice notes on IVAs and CVAs as part of the insolvency chapter. During 2012 Sweet & Maxwell recorded video podcasts on derivative claims and applications under section 306 of the Companies Act 2006, available on www.legalpd.com. She was also invited to contribute to Chapter 3, Registration of companies in ‘Gore-Browne on Companies’, the pre-eminent source and unrivalled authority for interpreting an applying company legislation, published by Jordan Publishing.
Tina has been recommended as a leading junior by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 in the fields of company and insolvency. Legal 500 also recommends her as a leading junior in commercial litigation. The directories highlight the following:
- “She’s extremely thorough, personable, tenacious and excellent on her feet.” (Restructuring/ Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2017)
- “She has an encyclopaedic knowledge of company law procedure.” (Company, Chambers UK, 2017)
- "Tenacious, thorough and knowledgeable, and a very good team player." (Commercial litigation, The Legal 500, 2016)
- An experienced junior known for her professionalism and knowledge of company matters. She also acts on matters involving insolvency. Expertise: “Diligent, calm and thorough, she always seems to find an answer to a difficult position.” (Company, Chambers UK, 2015)
- Recognised by sources for her excellent client care skills, and her ability to produce high-quality advice at very short notice. She acts in both corporate and personal insolvency disputes. Expertise: “She is very good at handling a difficult appointment, and has a very user-friendly approach.” Recent work: Advised and represented 21st Century Lifts in a dispute with HMRC over a winding-up petition regarding a substantial alleged sum of outstanding PAYE and NIC. (Insolvency, Chambers UK and Chambers Global 2015)
- “Highly praised for her solid pleadings.” (Commercial litigation, The Legal 500, 2014)
- “Knowledgeable in her chosen fields, approachable, friendly and highly responsive.” (Company, The Legal 500, 2014)
- “Very knowledgeable and thorough.” (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2014)
- Has a multidisciplinary practice and is praised by sources both for her advisory work on transactions and the quality of her advocacy. Solicitors praise her efficient and responsive approach. Expertise: “She is effective, personable, sensible and very thorough on the law.” “Knowledgeable, approachable and highly responsive.” Recent work: has been acting for the liquidator of Building Trade Skills Centres in claiming the return of a £2 million dividend. (Company, Chambers UK, 2014)
- Regularly acts for administrators and liquidators in corporate insolvency work, but is equally adept at handling personal insolvency cases. Expertise: “She is a tenacious litigator, who never gives up.” “A great advocate, who is extremely thorough and hard-working.” Recent work: represented the liquidator of 9 Miles Down in a case which concerned claims of wrongful trading and copyright ownership issues. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2014 and Chambers Global, 2014)
- Tina Kyriakides is “a complete professional” whose “tenacity under pressure is both phenomenal and rare”. (Commercial litigation, Legal 500, 2013)
- The “approachable, friendly, and highly responsive” Tina Kyriakides “always exceeds expectations”. (Company, The Legal 500, 2013)
- "... the tenacious Tina Kyriakides..." (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2013)
- “Extremely thorough, very easy to work with and very good on her feet.” She acted for the defendants in Stanley International Betting Ltd v (1) L Sports Investments Ltd (2) the estate of Lord Steinberg of Belfast, a case concerning a gambling company which looked at the interpretation of a joint venture shareholders’ agreement. (Company, Chambers UK, 2013)
- Tina Kyriakides is “very good and very persuasive indeed,” according to one interviewee. She recently represented a creditor of Stanleybet UK Investments who was owed EUR26.5 million. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2013 and Chambers Global, 2013)
- Recommended juniors include Tina Kyriakides, who is "extremely knowledgeable in insolvency and company matters" and "always thorough in her work"... (Insolvency, Legal 500, 2012)
- “Very commercial and always gets straight to the point.” “Very accessible, friendly and always willing to help,” she has considerable experience in both corporate and personal insolvency. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2012 and Chambers Global, 2012)
- Ranked as a leading junior in the areas of Commercial litigation, Insolvency and Company in Legal 500 2011.
- Tina Kyriakides is noted for her “quiet approach, which cuts through the issues to produce excellent outcomes”. (Commercial litigation, The Legal 500, 2011)
Tina Kyriakides is “extremely strong”; ... (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2011)
- Junior Tina Kyriakides is “always pleasant to deal with” and praised by clients for her “friendly and approachable advice which is always easy to follow”. In Grapevine Property Limited v Halcyon Days Limited, she advised on the validity of board-approved transactions and the question of influence upon fellow directors. (Company, Chambers UK, 2011)
- Excels in directors’ disqualification cases and has acted as an inspector for BERR to investigate insider dealing. In addition, she has also advised a liquidator on the sale of a ship, and acted in the liquidation of Oakland Finance Limited. Clients admire her advocacy style: “She doesn’t rant and there is no hyperbole. She just puts her arguments across lucidly and effectively.” (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2011)
- “Very good on theory” and “great to work with”. (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2010)
- Superb strategist Tina Kyriakides is “prompt, proactive and thorough”, according to interviewees. Clients appreciate her approachable manner and note that “she is great at demystifying the law and providing clear written advice.” In 2008 she acted in connection with the liquidation of Oakland Finance. (Restructuring/ Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2010)
- “Stands out for excellent analytical ability, immense procedural knowledge and disarming, decisive and effective advocacy” and “is legally and technically astute”. (Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2009)
- Tina Kyriakides “has a steady practice and is always fair,” agree sources. “Clever, but not in a pompous way,” she “gets deeply involved in her cases” and has “first-class knowledge”. (Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers UK, 2009)
- “A highly pragmatic and responsive practitioner” who provides “client-friendly advice” on all aspects of company law. (Company, Chambers UK, 2009)