We are recognised as a leading set for real estate law, with many of our barristers ranked highly in Chambers UK Bar and The Legal 500 UK Bar.
Our expertise encompasses the full range of real estate litigation and advisory work in the commercial, agricultural and residential spheres. We are experienced in both commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters, as well as all manner of real property matters, including conveyancing, easements, restrictive covenants, trespass and nuisance, as well as mortgages and finance. We also undertake a wide range of planning work for local planning authorities, property developers, landowners and interested third parties.
A number of our barristers have expertise in specialist areas such as party walls, rights of light, mines and minerals, commons and town and village greens, markets and fairs and manorial rights.
We appear as advocates in real estate litigation in courts and tribunals at all levels, and are also instructed in matters arising in overseas jurisdictions. We have extensive experience in mediation and arbitration, and several members of our team are themselves qualified mediators and arbitrators.
Real Estate Cases
Radcliffe Chambers has vast experience in real estate legal matters. Past cases in this area include:
- Acting for the successful claimant, the tenant and owner of the Hilton Hotel in the iconic Beetham Tower in Manchester, in a case concerning a repairing covenant in the hotel lease.
- Acting in relation to a TOLATA application in the High Court concerning a property which was part only of a large estate and whether it should be ordered to be sold to enable the sale of the whole estate to go ahead.
- Appearing in a case on what amounts to infringement of rights of light, removal of obstructions and removal of light of obstruction notices.
Our Real Estate and Property Barristers
Our team has experience at all levels, from QC to newly qualified junior, and across all of the key areas affecting developers, the public sector and private individuals. This means we can offer a comprehensive service, whether you need a multi-counsel team for litigation, an expert’s advice on a discrete point of law, or assistance obtaining urgent interlocutory relief.
Please click below to view members of our team:
- Agricultural estates
- Commercial landlord and tenant
- Commons and town and village greens
- Local authority matters
- Manorial rights
- Markets and fairs
- Mines and minerals
- Mortgages and finance
- Real property matters
- Residential landlord and tenant
- Restrictive covenants
- Rights of lights