Tom has a busy practice which focuses on commercial disputes but also encompasses civil fraud, company & insolvency, property, professional negligence, trusts and private client work.
Experience and Expertise
Tom's cases often have an international dimension and he is instructed by a wide range of solicitors. His clients have included government agencies, multinationals, major banks and large London estates.
He has appeared in a range of different courts and tribunals and continues to work on a number of complex, high-value cases. His experience also includes arbitration and mediation.
Recent quotes from Chambers and Partners and Chambers UK include:
- "A popular choice with solicitors and silks, he has a wealth of experience of handling some very significant cases." "He is a very sensible and straightforward." (Chancery: Traditional, Chambers UK 2018)
- “He is excellent on trust-related disputes and his written work is very good.” (Chancery: Traditional, Chambers UK, 2017)
- "A brilliant tactician" and someone who is "a master when it comes to drafting."
- "Tom has an enviable commercial, property and traditional chancery pedigree.”
- "Sources praise him for his timely, practical advice and the fact that he is very easy to work with."
He is happy to accept last-minute instructions in emergency matters such as obtaining or resisting freezing and search orders.
For more specific details of Tom's work, please click on the practice areas listed to the left hand side of this screen
- Winner of the national Weekly Law Report Mooting Competition 2002
- Jules Thorn Scholar of the Middle Temple
- Blackstone Entrance Exhibitioner of the Middle Temple
- English Literature BA, Bristol University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law, City University
- Bar Vocational Course, Inns of Court School of Law
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- COMBAR (the Commercial Bar Association)
- Chancery Bar Association
- Property Bar Association
- British and Russian Lawyers Association
VAT Registration Details: 929021729
Bar Membership Number: 45563
For More Information
Please click on the links to the left or contact a member of the clerking team