We are delighted to be co-hosting this online event with ThoughtLeaders4Disputes, 10:00AM – 11:00AM, 14 May 2021, as part of London International Disputes Week.
The webinar will feature a presentation and discussion on current issues in the world of economic sanctions with particular emphasis on the effect of sanctions on legal rights and proceedings to enforce them, including:
- Sanctions and the enforcement of contractual obligations
- US Secondary sanctions and sanctions clauses: Lamesa v Cynergy in the English Court of Appeal
- Sanctioned parties and legal proceedings
- The recent amendments to the Russian Arbitrazh Procedure Code – principle and practice – covering recent case law including Uralvagonzavod v PESA; Bydgoszcz and Tsargrad; Media v Google
- The new UK sanctions regime.
The speakers include Susan Leddy, Senior Legal Counsel at Swiss Re (Zurich); Ben Wells, Partner at Candey; Anita Arthur, Community Director at ThoughtLeaders4 and Shantanu Majumdar KC of Radcliffe Chambers.
To register for the event, please visit ThoughtLeaders4’s website here.