These seminar notes by William Moffett and Mark Mullen provide practical guidance (including an update on recent case law) on death bed gifts and on construing ambiguous provisions in wills.
Specific topics that will be covered include:
Death-bed gifts: the recent case of Vallee v Birchwood
- A timely reminder of the law of donatio mortis causa
- The application of death-bed gifts to land (registered and unregistered)
- The treatment of this subject in the recent case of Vallee v Birchwood and the lessons for practitioners
Interpreting testamentary gifts: Roberts v National Anti-Vivisection Society
- An overview of the principles of will construction
- Practical points as to extrinsic evidence
Please click here to download the seminar notes.