“The undisputed leading set in charities law.”
Charities section, Chambers UK
Radcliffe Chambers offers an exceptional concentration of expertise in charity law. Our members include a former Deputy Charity Commissioner, a former junior counsel to H M Attorney General in charity matters, and a former standing counsel to the Charity Commission. Several other members serve on the Attorney General’s panels of junior counsel to the Crown, and act for the Attorney General, government departments and regulators in charity cases.
Our charity practitioners have comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of charity law and practice. They are experienced advocates before the courts, the Upper Tribunal and the First-tier Tribunal (Charity). They also have expertise in other areas of law which may affect charities, such as the law relating to companies, insolvency, property, succession, trusts and taxation.
For More Information
Please click on the links to the left, or contact a member of the clerking team.
Recent Cases of Note
- Bangor Provident Trust Limited v Charity Commission for Northern Ireland  NICA 21
- Charity Commission for England and Wales v Framjee & Others  EWHC 2507 (Ch)
- Park v Cho  EWHC 55 (Ch);  PTSR 769
- Marwaha v Singh  WLR (D) 429 (CA): Court of Appeal
- Cifci v Erbil  EWHC 3170 (Ch)
- Re Longman, Deceased  EWHC 666 (Ch);  PTSR 1619
- Phillips v RSPB  EWHC 618 (Ch)
- Khaira v Shergill (Court of Appeal, 2012)
- Re Wedgwood Museum Trust Limited (High Court,  WTLR 913)
- R. (Independent Schools Council) v. The Charity Commission for England and Wales; H. M. Attorney General v. The Charity Commission for England and Wales (NCVO intervening)  UKUT 421 (TCC)
- Cuppage v Lawson  EWHC 3785 (Ch)
- Kings v. Bultitude  [EWHC 1795 (Ch)
- Catholic Care (Diocese of Leeds) v Charity Commission  EWHC 520 (Ch)
- Re Carapiet; Manoogian (Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem) v Sonsino  EWHC 1304
- RSPCA v Attorney General  1 WLR 448
- Holmes v McMullan  STC 262)
- Varsani v Jesani  Ch 219 (CA)
- Gray v Taylor  1 WLR 1093 (CA)
View our Charities brochure for further details on each case.